CYGNUS 2 PLUS HANDS FREE
MULTI-MODE ULTRASONIC THICKNESS GAUGE
A simple yet versatile thickness gauge designed for hands free operation, with its end-mounted display and three measuring modes to measure the wall thickness of a variety of materials (including plastics) and metals of any level of corrosion and pitting.
The Cygnus 2+ Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge is specifically designed for hands-free use by displaying measurements via an end-mounted screen. With three measuring modes, it measures the wall thickness of a variety of materials (including plastics) and metals of any level of corrosion and pitting. This hands free UTG is ideal for rope access, hull UTM inspection, civil engineering, marine structures, structural integrity inspection via rope access or climbing, heavily corroded metals with front/back wall pitting, irregular geometric shapes, attenuative materials and ship surveys.
- Multiple-Echo mode for accurate, through-coat measurements as specified by Classification Societies
- Echo-Echo and Single-Echo modes for heavily corroded metals with a thin or no coating
- Hands free operation: wrist, waist belt and harness mountable
- End-Mounted display shows thickness measurements – ideal for rope access or climbing work
- Front display enables easy gauge setup
- Deep Coat function ignores coatings up to 20mm thick
- MSI™ (Measurement Stability Indicator) verifies stable, reliable readings
Intuitive easy to use menu
- Extremely rugged enclosure – shock and impact proof to US MIL STD 810G
- Environmental sealing (water and dust proof) to IP67 – US MIL STD 810G
- Uses single and twin crystal probes
- Can be upgraded to 4+ or 6+ at an additional cost.
To compliment our ultrasonic thickness gauges we offer a range of ultrasonic probes. The performance of any ultrasonic thickness gauge relies heavily on the probe and its suitability to the material being measured. Therefore, selecting the right probe is vital. All Cygnus’ probes are made from stainless steel and have a hard wear face or a wear membrane to protect the probe.
Variety of Cygnus INOX Probes
- Stainless steel SINGLE CRYSTAL probes, used in multiple-echo mode, include replaceable membranes for long life, require no zeroing and have a high linear accuracy.
- Stainless steel TWIN CRYSTAL probes, used in echo-echo and single-echo modes, have improved measurability on extreme back wall corrosion and pitting.
- Probes for use with the Cygnus 2+, 4, 4+ and 6+ gauges are fitted with a BNC or Lemo 00 connector.