CYGNUS 4 PLUS GENERAL PURPOSE
MULTI-MODE ULTRASONIC THICKNESS GAUGE
The Cygnus 4PLUS is a small and tough multi-mode ultrasonic thickness gauge which features an A-scan display, simple to use sequential data logging and manual and automatic gain control.
Designed for the harshest of environments, with a simple to use keypad, intuitive menus and a colour LCD display which can be viewed in all lighting conditions.
The twin shot injection moulded enclosure has a soft but durable TPE outer skin which is comfortable to hold and protects against bumps while the hard internal shell offers maximum strength and environmental protection certified to the demanding US MIL STD 810G standard.
The unit still relies on Multiple-Echo to provide simple and accurate measurements, with the added benefit of Echo-Echo and Single-Echo using twin crystal probes for extreme corrosion. Echo-Echo for measurements on painted metals but with heavy back wall corrosion / pitting and Single-Echo for measurements on uncoated surfaces with heavy front face and/or back-wall corrosion and attenuative materials such as cast metals or plastics / composites.
Cygnus Instruments builds all of its equipment in the UK using only genuine and original parts and components – including Lemo® Connectors and Peli® Cases.
- Multiple-Echo for reliable, accurate through coating measurements
- Single-Echo and Echo-Echo measuring modes with twin crystal probes for extreme corrosion and back wall pitting
- A-scan display
- Manual and automatic gain control
- MSI™ (Measurement Stability Indicator) used in Single-Echo and Echo-Echo measurement modes
- Simple linear data logging
- Large bright colour LCD screen with back light
- Deep-coat mode, measure through coatings up to 20 mm thick
- Wrist mountable
- Min/max measurement limit functions with visual and vibrate alert
- Intuitive easy to use menu
- Extremely rugged enclosure – shock and impact to US MIL STD 810G
- Environmental sealing to IP67 – US MIL STD 810G
- Cygnus echo strength bars to assist quick measurements
- Buttons integral with the TPE moulding and designed for minimum 100,000 depressions.
CYGNUS PROBES AND CABLES
Stainless Steel INOX Single Crystal Probes
The INOX probes have an updated ergonomic design and an easier to read frequency, identification and serial numbering. All frequencies of INOX probes have a black face and a colour coding ring to identify probe frequency.
Used in Multiple-Echo mode, these probes require no zeroing, have a high linear accuracy, are ideal for general thickness gauging and on pipes and have replaceable wear membrane for long life.
Stainless Steel INOX Twin Crystal Probes
Used in Echo-Echo and Single-Echo modes and focussed ultrasound beam with improved measurability on extreme back wall corrosion and pitting.