The Cygnus Underwater is the original diver held subsea multiple echo ultrasonic thickness gauge. It was designed for use by divers undertaking subsea maintenance and surveys 3 decades ago… and today it is still the industry standard.
The unit is depth rated to 300 meters (1,000 ft) and it provides an accurate metal thickness measurement through coatings up to 20 mm (0.787 in) thick using Deep Coat mode (upon request). The bright LED display ensures easy viewing even in poor visibility conditions.
The Cygnus Underwater thickness gauge is supplied ready to use as a complete kit with 2 rechargeable batteries in a protective carry case.
Cygnus Instruments builds all of its equipment in the UK using only genuine and original parts and components – including Lemo® Connectors and Peli® Cases.
- RINA approved (Certificate No. 2009DGPO787)
- Auto Probe Recognition (APR)
- Deep-Coat mode for measuring through coatings up to 20 mm (0.787 in) thick (upon request)
- Easy calibration using convenient buttons
- Rugged, durable, shock-proof construction
- Stable calibration – linear accuracy – no zero adjustment
- Large bright LED display for poor visibility
- Pressure rated to 300 m (1,000 ft) depth
- Heavy duty sealed unit with double ‘O’ ring protection
- Self verification of measurements to ensure accuracy
- Echo strength indicator to aid measurement
- All probes are protected by a membrane to prevent damage
- Various probe options
- Two rechargeable battery packs with charger
- Fixed head probe option for single handed use.